Payroll & Human Resources Manager - North Ridge Country Club
Do you believe that people are a company’s greatest asset? Are you a payroll and benefits subject matter expert? Do you get excited keeping up with the latest trends in compensation, personnel policies, and workplace regulations?
Are you a tech-savvy people person with great attention to detail? Do you get a sense of accomplishment from ensuring systems and processes are streamlined and accurate? Are you a natural problem solver?
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
North Ridge Country Club (NRCC) is hiring a Payroll & Human Resources Manager.
NRCC is an invitation-only, member-owned private country club located in the prestigious North Hills area of Raleigh, NC. NRCC is governed by an elected Board of Governors and managed by dedicated professionals who provide unparalleled service across wide-ranging activities designed to create exceptional experiences and foster lifelong relationships.
Featuring golf, tennis, dining, aquatics, fitness, and private event facilities, NRCC has a staff of 150-230 people who support the Club’s memberships and is committed to being an employer of choice in the Research Triangle area. Established in 1967, NRCC currently has 1100 household memberships and $14 million annual income.
Want to know more? Visit NRCC’s website at https://www.northridgecountryclub.org/.
What will you do as NRCC’s next Payroll & Human Resources Manager?
The Payroll & Human Resources Manager reports to the Director of Finance and oversees and manages the human resources programs including recruitment, training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance evaluation, payroll, and policy/procedure development and implementation. The Payroll & HR Manager is expected to:
- Develop and update the human resource policies, procedures, and practices
- Administer the Human Resource Administration System
- Administer all aspects of biweekly payroll
- Administer the 401k retirement plan and perform all administrative responsibilities associated with the plan
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees
- Manage the maintenance, analysis, and communication of all personnel records in accordance with applicable laws
- Manage and coordinate the H2B Visa staffing program and serve as the point of contact for all H2B Visa employees
- Oversee and administer the staff performance evaluation process
- Direct and administer team programs and activities including, but not limited to employee recognition and appreciation celebrations, employee functions, and employee safety and wellness programs
- Manage and resolve complex employee relation issues
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Establish and maintain relationships with broker and benefit vendors and manage benefit administration, enrollment, and renewal negotiations
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Payroll & HR Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in human resources, business, public administration, or a related field
- 3 years human resource experience including payroll and benefits administration
- Administrative experience with a thorough understanding of employment labor, benefit, and related laws
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and automated payroll systems (e.g., Paylocity, Gatekeeper, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to use logical methods to solve problems while producing effective solutions
- An inquisitive nature that seeks appropriate resources for solutions and takes initiative to identify and improve systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, writing, and communication skills
- Acute sense of business principles and administration
- Solid leadership and relationship building skills
- Professional Human Resources certification is preferred
- Previous experience in membership-based organization is a plus
Think you are NRCC’s next Payroll & HR Manager?
You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email.
Review of candidates will begin in January 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of the position and begins in the mid-$50K range, with the opportunity for an annual performance bonus. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 50%; paid time off; option to join the company cell phone plan; continuing education opportunities and paid professional dues; and employee meals.