365 and Network Administrator - Children and Family Services Center
Are you equally passionate about IT systems and the people that use them?
Are you inspired by the opportunity to strengthen the Charlotte community by supporting the IT needs of the nonprofits who serve children and families across the Queen City?
Are you an experienced Office 365 architect and network administrator who truly believes that people are only as efficient as the systems that they use?
The Children & Family Services Center (CFSC) is seeking its next 365 and Network Administrator to join its innovative IT team. CFSC provides IT strategy and support to approximately 50 nonprofit organizations. Roughly 15-20 are housed in the Center with about 30 offsite.
CFSC Shared Services, LLC was formed to provide high quality finance, information technology, and human resource services to partner agencies at a cost substantially below market rates. The combination of below market rent, technology, finance, and human resources services produced collective agency savings in excess of $11,000,000 in the first decade of operation. This has resulted in more funds available for programs and services to children and families.
CFSC passionately believes in the mission of our nonprofit partners and strives to deliver best in class service on every call, every contact, and every day. CFSC IT is a place where you can be a part of something incredible, where you get more than just another job. As a member of our team, you'll develop skills and knowledge by working with innovative technologies. You will be part of a tight-knit group where your input is encouraged, and your voice is heard. You will help design and support a network for nonprofits who provide a safety net for our community.
We continuously improve systems and are growing to serve more agencies and more clients. The administrator will be responsible for expansion and improvement projects as well as providing support in a senior escalation role.
Want to know more? Visit CFSC’s website at Children and Family Services Center (childrenfamily.org)
What will you do as The Center’s next 365 and Network Administrator?
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the 365 and Network Administrator is a critical strategist and leader in our team and is responsible for ensuring the design and smooth operation of the organization’s 365, data, and voice network to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users. This includes:
- Designs, implements, and manages network operations, including:
- Hosted 365 environments for client agencies
- On premise Windows Server environments
- On premise VMWare Server environments
- On premise VMWare Horizon View VDI environments
- Leads the migration of on premise clients to 365 tenants
- Successfully manages projects and appropriate documentation
Network and System Administration
- Strategically maintains:
- HIPAA compliant 365 infrastructure for CFSC client agencies
- On premise Switching and Network Infrastructure (Cisco Command line, VLan, SD-Wan)
- Computer, server, and storage systems (VMware Microsoft Servers)
- Firewall, DMZ, and VPN systems (Cisco, SonicWALL, FortiGATE)
- Phone, Voice, VOIP, and media systems
- Maintains up to date and accurate system/network documentation
- Ensures appropriate backup of all systems (Veeam)
- Ensures appropriate monitoring of all systems (Pulseway)
- Ensures systems are appropriately up to date and patched
- Ensures network security systems compliance (IPS, AV, HIPAA, FERPA)
- Builds and maintains positive and supportive relationships with co-workers, nonprofit partners, and vendors
- Provides Tier 2/3 support for service tickets including but not limited to serving as an escalation point for the Tier 1 service desk personnel
- Supports team by providing superior customer helpdesk services
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets of the ideal candidate
At CFSC we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in the world by the work they do. We need an administrator who has the experience, knowledge, and desire to help our clients grow and move forward. The ideal candidate is:
- Fully committed to the mission of CFSC and the nonprofits served
- Motivated to build and nurture relationships with nonprofit clients and co-workers, communicating clearly at both technical and non-technical levels
- Energized by growth with experience helping organizations scale through technology
- Self-directed, innovative, organized, and flexible
- Able to balance urgency in providing exceptional quality service to clients while setting and managing expectations and systems integrity
- Dedicated to continual process improvement
- A team player who is equally energized on days spent working in the office directly with clients and working remotely on systems
The ideal candidate will bring
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing and supporting Microsoft 365 Environments
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing and supporting Microsoft Windows Environments
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing and supporting virtual server environments, VMWare preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing and supporting VDI environments, VMWare preferred
- 5+ years of strong PowerShell automation and advanced active directory experience
- Expert knowledge of Windows servers, Active Directory, ADFS, GPOs in a Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 environment
- Knowledge of Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP
- Network +, or CompTIA A+, or Equivalent
- Microsoft Certification is preferred (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
- At least a 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance, own transportation, and the ability to travel throughout the community
- US Citizen or active Green Card
Think you are the next CFSC 365 and Network Administrator?
To apply, click on the link to the 365 and Network Administrator position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs.
You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered.
Salary is in the $70K-$90K range, commensurate with the requirements of the position in a nonprofit mission-driven organization.
CFSC is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a good work/life balance. Benefits include Medical · Dental · Vision · Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts · Retirement plans with match · 20 days PTO and 11 paid holidays · Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) · Voluntary Life and AD&D · Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance · Supplemental Benefit Offerings · Fit4Work Wellness Program · Employee Assistance Program · Ginger Mental Healthcare
The position will launch in the office in Uptown Charlotte but will evolve to a hybrid work environment.
CFSC’s policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.