Senior Director of Advancement - Brookstone Schools
Does a mission that creates opportunities for the next generation of culture-shaping leaders call to you? Do you excel in an environment of continuous improvement? Are you ready to ignite passion for a mission in donors and stakeholders?
Are you the first Senior Director of Advancement for Brookstone Schools?
Brookstone Schools seeks to raise up the next generation of leaders from Charlotte’s under-resourced neighborhoods by caring for the entire child and inviting families to invest in the lives of their children. After 21 years of existence, results show a solid track record of students’ academic achievement as well as spiritual and emotional growth.
Brookstone Schools’ impact continues to expand along with plans for increased enrollment and additional programming. Now they are seeking their first Senior Director of Advancement to join their compassionate and dedicated team to help achieve their strategic vision and to elevate the development program to new heights.
What will you do as Brookstone Schools’ next Senior Director of Advancement?
- Develop and lead a comprehensive, donor-centric financial development program focused on long-term, sustainable growth
- Manage all fundraising activities through the execution of the development and stewardship plans, including but not limited to donor pipeline and moves management, annual appeals, major gifts, planned gifts, grants, and donor stewardship
- In partnership with the Head of School, manage a portfolio of major (individuals, corporations, and foundations) donors to increase their investment with a concentration on growing gifts of $10,000+
- Identify and engage prospective major donors (individuals, corporations, and foundations) capable of giving over $2,500 per year and converting 25% or more into donors with an average gift of $10,000
- Serve as a community ambassador fulfilling speaking engagements and other appearances to tell the Brookstone story
- Partner with the Head of School and the Director of Development to collect stories from students and their families of successes to be shared with current and potential donors
- Establish annual working goals and metrics for development staff, conducting development staff performance evaluations
- Engage Board, Partner Council, and other friends of Brookstone Schools to fully leverage social networks and centers of influence
- Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive communications strategy, including Brookstone Schools’ social media presence
Why Brookstone Schools?
Under their mission to glorify God by equipping under-resourced students academically, socially, and spiritually for future lives of leadership and service, Brookstone Schools provides quality Christian education to students in Charlotte, North Carolina.
In 1996 a diverse group of concerned citizens came together with a vision to found a non-profit,
Christ-centered school in Charlotte’s urban core. Their task was to provide a quality education with a focus on literacy training and moral teaching to children to help erase the effects of poverty in their lives. Their hope was in God’s protection and provision to make it happen.
Brookstone opened its doors in 2001 and has grown steadily to become the flourishing ministry it is today.
Brookstone Schools is guided by six core values:
- We believe that the Old and New Testament are inspired by God and are the final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that God in the person of the Holy Spirit convicts, teaches, and empowers those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- We believe that as the body of Christ we are called to serve one another in love.
- We believe that academic excellence equips students to glorify God through the vocation in which they will be led to serve.
- We believe a Christ-centered education will produce the next generation of culture-shaping leaders.
- We believe parents are vital partners in providing the nurture, support, and modeling crucial character formation.
Throughout its history, Brookstone Schools has sought to offer an inclusive community that is focused on academics and committed to faith. Brookstone is dedicated to providing access to a quality Classical Christian education for students who place a high priority on learning and service, and who value an independent faith-based program and community. The commitment that is made to graduate middle schoolers with the social confidence to move successfully into high school, and ultimately into adulthood, is vital. Brookstone is not only distinctive because of its unyielding dedication to scholarship, service, and discipleship; it is also a cohort of educators, families, and supporters engaged in a common mission to raise up youth equipped to be world-changers for the cause of Christ.
From a seed planted in prayer, the school has blossomed to become a beacon for under-resourced children in Charlotte, NC.
Brookstone Schools current enrollment is 212 students. The operating budget is $3.7M and revenue to support tuition is generated almost solely through donations from individuals, foundations, corporations, and churches.
Want to know more? Visit Brookstone School’s website at https://brookstoneschools.org/.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Senior Director of Advancement
- An enthusiastically lived commitment to Brookstone Schools’ vision, mission, and values
- Demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser, including comfort with securing up to 7- figure gifts.
- Capital campaign experience preferred.
- An active listener and compassionate relationship builder, with a clear understanding of donor-centered fundraising.
- A dynamic, self-starter that thrives working with autonomy and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of donor research and major donor pipeline processes.
- Understanding of charitable bequests and other planned giving vehicles.
- Knowledge of and ability to use fundraising databases, wealth screening software, and donor research tools.